Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Very OT: Finally got my Xbox online

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Bogus69, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Well, I can't believe I didn'ty do it sooner.

I don't care that I now have 30m of Blue patch cable running down the hall to the study.

Apart from the obvious benefits like playing files from other PCs on the network thus saving the internal Xbox HDD for game storage, I'm stoked to be able to stream in my favourite web radio stations to the stereo in the lounge!

I will be getting into Kai link soon too.
    Any other cool uses for a conected xbox?
    ie. Where is the web browser?
    Can you map network drives, or do you have to browse to the share each time?
    When playing streams from the net, it takes about 10 times longer to buffer than on the PC. Is this a difference between winamp and the media center?

2. I do not see it being any issue, mine takes about 3 - 5 seconds to stream any of the music streams from the TOP 500.

Also unless you know how to edit the xml file for the x-box media centre you cannot map the drive. There is a favourites link but otherwise you will need to search through the network every time to find the share.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
    MI

3. Yeah the top500 load pretty quick, but when I put in my own URL it takes ages to buffer. :S