Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Very cheap RSV1000R on ebay

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ElZilcho, Oct 12, 2006.

1.  Top
  2. Beautiful bike... It only deserves the best... Me.

3. That is a sweet ride.

4. "set up as single seat,I dont have a pillion seat or pillion pegs"

Sniffs of having been used as a track bike............... and the paint chips look more like that side was sitting on the floor of the concrete garage...

As for the price, try more like 5-6 G's less than a new one. Amazing how motorcycle riders are always "going overseas" when they are selling a bike. I think it would be easier to sell these things if you just said, "I need the cash to buy something else" :LOL:

5. Sounds to good to be true.

6. Not necessarily. I have my bike set up with no pillion pegs and rear seat cowl. Not cos it's a track bike (it's not) but because I rarely, if ever, need/want to have a pillion and the bike looks much cleaner with this set-up.

Also, don't some states in Australia have a cheaper rego fee if the bike is single seat? Perhaps he bought it interstate and it never had the seat or pegs....

7. True, in QLD you can register as a single seat, but surely if you live in NSW where it doesn't matter and had as much cash as you would need to own a RSV-R, you would go and get the pegs etc surely?

Oh yeah.........If you download the pictures and look at them in Photoshop, you can see the tearing on the tyres from track work too!! Can't run those sort of pressures on the road..... well you can if you like crashing alot. :grin:

8. I quite like the Aprillia, but I can't imagine a second hand one selling for $18-19K.

People might be asking that, but they are not getting it.

thought process. "Second hand Apprillia, with doubtful history, or new Alphatbet 1000 for the same price"

If I were looking $16K would pull me up.

9. Actually he has probably set it up as a single set due to adding those very expensive pipes onto it. You tend to pi$$ off the un-needed crap like pillion seats and pegs.

Looks like a fairly good buy with only 11000 thou on the clock.

10. The removal of the pillion seat is just a pad and cowl change, very simple and comes with the bike. The upswept pipes can still take the pillion pegs. We have done an 06 recently with the same cans and the pegs stayed on.

:):):):)

11. In the add it says he doesn't have them. So one can only assume he bought it without them or sold them. Who knows?

Those cans/ system would be worth maybe 4 G's so add that in when looking at the Second hand price. Very cheap, hence somewhat suspect... :grin:

12. Damn pillions ruining a perfectly fine bike like that. Good for nothing b@stards!!

:LOL: :LOL:

13. Maybe the dude just has more money than he knows what to do with and wants to get rid of it quick and easy?

14. You can tell tire pressures by looking at a grainy photo on an ebay add?

Where can I buy a set of these super eyes? :shock:

Mark heads of to the garage to throw away the now redundant tire pressure gauge...

15. Those super eyes are called Adobe Photoshop CS and costs $$$ but you can do super cool things on it like blow up a grainy shite pic and clear it up to see more details :grin:

Or you can download the program using P2P if you like :LOL:

16. Very nice indeed.

While we're on the subject, I may have a crashed RSVR 2001 model up for grab soon (depends ). At this point, the bike has scratches on the side. From the the looks of thing the frames are fine and so are the front forks. This is the R spec - ie. comes with bling bling ohlin suspensions and OZ rims.

17. Very nice indeed.

While we're on the subject, I may have a crashed RSVR 2001 model up for grab soon (depends ). At this point, the bike has scratches on the side. From the the looks of thing the frames are fine and so are the front forks. This is the R spec - ie. comes with bling bling ohlin suspensions and OZ rims.

18. Very nice indeed.

19. Genuine sale folks, if my wifey was understanding I would of snapped it up.