Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Ventura Sports rack, size 16

Discussion in 'Wanted' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today I found out, to my dismay, that the size 19 Ventura Sports rack that has been on the back of the Hornet for seven years, doesn't fit the Ventura rails on the VFR-750 Honda, which are size 16. The little Sports Bag that fits on the rack will fit either size, but I need another rack.

Does anyone have one which is surplus to requirement?

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/sportrack.aspx

There's about a 2" difference in width between the two sizes, (the bigger of which, absurdly, has the smaller part number (19 is small, 16 is big, go figure).

2. oh ....they just run on a size system? i had it in my mind that there was bike specific racks (which i thought was overkill but still)

well i'm a idiot

3. The fitment rails are bike-specific, for obvious reasons, but until today I didn't know that they racks are different widths.....

4.  Top
  5. MCAS always have them, but when I rang they said 'No, it's not in stock, I'll have to order it in.'

Don't let anyone tell you impatience is an affliction of the young!!!

PS That's the full-sized rack, one of them came with the bike. I want the shorter one shown in the link I posted on the main Ventura site.

6. Hi Paul, are you interested in selling your Hornet's old rack, or did you give the L brackets to its new owner?

7. Hi jack (resisting obvious lame joke :LOL:)

I had kept them, but when I found they were the wrong size I offered them to the Hornet's new owner for a reasonable price, and they are going to his place during the week. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.