Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ventura racks and Honda panniers for 06 VFR, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by redviffer, Aug 5, 2007.

1. I recently bought a Ventura rack for my 06 VFR800 and two Aero Spada bags for the rack. One day I intend to ride from Canberra to Perth and back so i anticipate needing more luggage carrying capability. When the time comes i'll likely buy the Honda panniers that are made just for that bike.

However the Ventura rack uses longer bolts to bolt into the holes that the grab handles are mounted to. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't seen them in the flesh but can somebody tell me wether or not the Honda panniers for the VFR also bolt in on top of or under the grab handles? If this is the case does it mean that i can't have the panniers, ventura rack and grab handles on at the same time or do you just get longer bolts for the setup? I think the panniers bolt on in two places; one on the arms near the rear foot pegs and one on the grab handles of the bike.

Does anyone have this setup or has anybody tried and failed and been forced to choose one or the other when trying to do this? If you do can you please show me some pictures of how you did it and what it looks like.