Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ventura racks and bags

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Nocker, May 29, 2007.

1. Hey fellow NRs,

I tried the search but couldn't find the answers to my questions.

Well I've been looking at getting a luggage rack system lately for my little GPX and wanted to ask some questions a about the Ventura racks.

My question is:
    Can the Ventura rally pack be carried/transported on the sports rack or do you have to use the larger touring/pack rack for these larger bags?

Also are they really around the $390 mark to by the bag and touring rack package??? The bags themselves are for $150 so this means that you are paying $140 for the rack!!

Thanks in advance for your advice.
  2. Those prices sound about right. I am about to buy a Ventura Rack only for my VFR, and it's $240. I already have a bag so only need the rack.

In order to find out about whether the rack you want will carry a different bag, unless someone here knows specifically, I would be calling a good Bike Accessory store such as Bike Mart in Ringwood.
  3. I've had a look around and can't find an answer to the question about product compatibility. I am buying a new Ventura Aero Spada IV and have the same model from about 4 years ago. Anyone else in this boat and knows whether they can be zipped together ok, or has production changed over the years and they are no longer compatible?
  4. should be ok, but take the bag with you into a store and ask if you can see if they zip together ok.

To the OP:

The rally pack will need the higher rack. Otherwise you run the risk of it flipping off the rack in the wind.