Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ventura rack issues

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by revken, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Gidday. I've posted a thread on svoz about my experiences recently with a Ventura rack on my sv1000 which has broken a bracket on the rear subframe of the bike. I am interested in knowing if there have been other instances of things like this happening. Out of a small number of members on that particular site, like 52, there have been 2 occurances of this issue. The manufacturer states that mine is the first they've heard about. anyway, check the thread here, don't want to retell the story, and if you know of anyone, even a different make and model of bike, I'd like to hear about it. I'm not so concerned about getting a refund, I've had my monies worth from the rack, but I find the companies attitude towards my issue a bit off. Im trying to post a link, but it wont let me yet bugger!!! remove the spaces then folks. www. svoz. org. check-this-out-t94 .html

2. Is the part that's broken alloy by any chance? Because from the photos it does kind of look like a fatigue failure - in which case it's nothing to do with how much load was on the rack, but how often the rack was loaded.
    Still should have been something identified as a possible problem when they were looking for somewhere to attach the rack.