Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Ventura Rack and bag (or similiar) for GPX250

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by gpxkermit250, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All,

Ebay and the interweb has come up zippo for me on this one so far ...

Today I decided that I need a racking system as my daily commute as associated luggage has outgrown the ALDI tank bag/back pack arrangement!... I expected to browse around online and within a few hours have a veritable fest of options available to me, but alas..

either Im looking in all the wrong places or they are just hard to find for my kawaka?

Im considering checking out some wreckers around the place as to be honest, as long as its straight (racks) and not torn (bag) it could be pink with purple pocker dots - i dont really care.. I just want a used n cheap set up that I can tidy up/repair I need to.. (preferrably the larger touring bag/rack is what Im after)

If you can help with suggestions or a lead, please PM me. ta..Greg
  2. nice one, thanks for that.. Will send off a from and see what happens. Cheers, G
  3. not alot of action on this thread, but just in case will update anyone is browsing and gives a rats..

- found a Gearsack rack today at a wreckers - $65, bargain.. all in tack and I installed it this arvo. jeez, that almost killed me.... thought it was going to be easy and 2 hours later half the bike was in pieces in my drive way!

Will now make my own storage box to mount on the rider side of the bar and convert an old cooler back to fit over the rack. Very productive day - Kudos to www.ninja250.org (http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Tail_bag) for the ideas on diy bags etc. Just couldnt justify the $350 odd bucks for a new set up on a 13 year old bike, so pretty happy to walk away with it all for about $100...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.