Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ventura? Gearsack? What bag for this rack?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Genetical, May 12, 2008.

1. Hi all,

My bike came with this rack and I am left wondering what brand it is or more importantly, what bag/s can I put on it? Any of the 'rear bags' or do particular branded bags only match with the rack of the same brand?

2. that is a gearsack rack.
  3. Thanks for that bit of info.

Do you know if I am therefore limited to gearsack bags or would other brands fit on it?
  4. I've got a feeling that Gearsack is now out of business (??) but I'm sure that their bags don't fit Ventura racks, or vice sersa.
  5. one of these
    will make most any bag work :)
  6. You sure its a rack ?,might be a 3 seater. :wink:
  7. Gearsack - I have the same rack on mine (matter of fact our bikes are close cousins!).
    You can fit aside from Gearsack:
    - Ventura
    - RJays
    - BEE (this is the cheaper end of the market I think)

Basically just go have a look at yr local bike gear/accessory shop, look for bags which have a "sleeve" on the back, this allows yr upright Gearsack "backrest" bar slide straight into them, and you then secure it with snap-on buckles at the bottom of the bag.

Type "motorcycle tail seat bag" on ebay, lots available.