Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ventura bag zip

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Wigan Warrior, Nov 18, 2014.

1. I have a Ventura euro rally bag that has bust it's zip last night (teeth have fallen out), just wondering if anyone has successfully had a zip replaced or if I just need to suck it up and buy a new bag......

2. I haven't had any Ventura gear. You can probably find a suitable zip online and have a tailor do the work, is it that much more complex than a jacket zip? Probably best to look into the cost of having someone do it, it can get expensive. Had a jacket zip done recently cost about $140...
  3. Find a canvas place, somewhere that makes and repairs canvas tarps/covers/tents, and take it there. They ought to be able to sort it out easily. I had a fridge cover prepared at such a place and it was cheap.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WW - I work at Australian Canvas Co in Bayswater. We might be able to do it for you.
    I'll be in Williamstown on Sunday if you want me to look at it for you. PM if you're interested.
    • Like Like x 1