Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Various fasteners, hose clamps, bolts etc

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by QuarterWit, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Hey everybody!

Just wondering where y'all get the anonymous fasteners and things?

I always seem to replace mine with shitty half-rounded parkerised screws from an old tin I have lying around. It'd be good to just spend a bit of cash for some nice ones.

2. These days, I tend to just eBay the bolts/fastners I need. Come in large quantities and don't hurt the hip pocket.

All come from china, and are aluminum anodized for that extra 'bling'. So far, I have had no manufacturing issues with the ones I had bought.

3. i find that if you go to a sizeable nuts and bolt factory for one particular type of bolt they won't charge you for just one
  4. Pro Bolt is good, but order direct from the UK. Pro Bolt au just order your order from the UK & ship it on when it gets here.

Actually, I would find out if they have a US arms or someone similar in the US...

I get random bits from the boltman just up from work, Southport Bolts, but there's probably someone similar near you.
  5. Thanks everyone!

I'm going to be up to my armpits in fasteners soon.
  6. pro bolt = over priced crap imho find a local bolt suplier and they will have all you need.
    alluminium for bolts i think is prety stupid.
    go stainless and its usually better value to buy a box of bolts then say 10 bolts individually.

a qucik google search has this.
    metro bolts
    329 Swan Street
    Richmond VIC 3121
    (03) 9429 3099
  7. Yeah, I go there fairly often. They do party packs, but you haven't order them in. And I'm much too short-sighted to do that.