Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

variations in 2,000 model gsxr600

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bowden, Apr 15, 2009.

1. hey everyone,
    just about to upgrade to a suzuki gsxr600 and am obviously looking at various 2000 models..

was njust wondering if there was any major differences in these thousand models...e.g. differences between a 2003 and 2005 for example.

2. There's a list of reviews with model changes here:

2001 models on had injection, also keep in mind that you can buy a 2001 model made in 2000.
  3. cheers mate...good stuff
  4. Great link for comparisons.

How accurate is this statement? I've got the 2008 GSXR600 and 750 on the list of bikes to try early next year (together with a few others :) ). I thought all of the Japanese manufacturers were quite similar with Honda just ahead in terms of how the bike rides, not in terms of quality.
  5. I think that this might be caused more by some of the 'cool' "let's go buy a gixxer" guys who do not look after their motorcycles.

I recently was riding a 2001 model GSXR750 as a loaner bike, it had 60,000km on it. I was impressed by the quality it still showed, had no issues with the gearbox, or anything for that matter. My only complaint was that it needed new brake discs, but at 60,000km, that is not hard to understand.