Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Van's writing project

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by van, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Nb. This is one for the geeks ;)

Hey yo. I spent some time at home sans intarweb (some sort of line fault apparently), so I gots to writing. I've got no writing training whatsoever, I've just read a heck of a lot and have some idea of how I like writing to look. There are moments in this story where the punctuation or structure is blatantly or just somewhat wrong, and for the most part it's deliberate. I've tried to be careful in making sure it's obviously deliberate rather than being a result of a lack of writing education, but at the end of the day, that's also precisely why this lacks any professional look!

Anyway. It's about 2500 words or so at this point, but very far from finished. The way I carry on, I suspect this could be a very long story if I finish it.

From where it ends, I'm planning for Sho to throw it all in and go on an adventure. Not sure how, yet. Maybe sell all his stuff and buy a pieceoshit car, disappear into the Aussie outback for a while. Maybe he'll meet someone along the way. Maybe it'll become apparent that the year is 2017 and there's a small sci-fi element. Maybe there'll be a big one. Maybe there'll be romance, maybe there won't. Maybe he'll end up on Mars, leading a rebellion (Mars and rebellions seem to go hand in hand, as an allegory for colonial America and its rebellions against the establishment). I dunno.

I don't expect you all to read it and I won't be heartbroken if nobody does, but it'd be nice.

Cheers :)

GO, FOR GREAT JUSTICE! http://kissplease.com/story.doc