Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hooliganmbt, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Greetings all,

This is one of my first posts here, and I would like to vent my spleen at vandals...

This afternoon, I returned to my bike, only to discover it had been pushed over. Not. Happy. Jan.

It was parked on a small promenade and well out of any pedestrians way, parked with a few other bikes (end on end).

Luckily, it was not major damage. The bike was parked next to a short wall, so the only parts which made contact with anything was the front & rear fairings. Which left them scratched, also broke the front fairing around the mounting point and bent the bracket for the fairing.

And to make things worse...the Wallabies lost.
  2. I don't think someone would randomly come and push your bike over for no reason... very unlikely. Perhaps by mistake... but that isn't vandalism.

Sure you didn't forget to leave it in gear/put down the stand properly or something?
  3. If you we're parked near the wallabies game it was probably drunks who think they were hilarious, hopefully karma bites them on the ass big time
  4. i lived on victoria st potts point for several years and parked on street there too. just round the corner from the cross. and i had my bike pushed over twice, as were several other's bikes.

nothing you can do if you risk on street parking except oggy knobs or find something off street. it sucks unfortunately.
  5. Sorry to hear that mate. I'm in the inner west too. Whereabouts was it, I'll be sure never to park there.