Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vance & Hines XVS650 Classic

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Spad562, May 24, 2013.

1. Hey has anyone fitted V&H shorts shots to a V-Star XVS650A Classic and if so what model number pipes did you fit was it the V18515 or the V18519 its for a 2010 model any feed back would be appreciated.

Vance & Hines can't confirm which model will fit correctly.

Thanks in advance

2. I'm 99% certain it's the 18519 (the non-California model).
  3. Thanks have you actually fitted these to this bike or just info you've found on the web? I was hoping for someone who has fitted them with first hand experience and remembers the model number :)
  4. I did have these fitted to my classic. I don't have the bike anymore so I can't check for a model number to confirm. I've dug through my emails and paper work, but can't find a model number there either.
  5. and I came up with you asking the same question elsewhere - so I'm probably not telling you something you already didn't know. Sorry 'bout that.
  6. That's ok thanks for looking, anyone else know anything.
  7. Does fitting new pipes to the xvs 650 effect it LAMS rating
  8. Not really, you're not changing the capacity or increasing the power enough to really make it illegal. Different / LOUD exhausts will make the bike unroadworthy but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to actually be picked up for it.
  9. PS Dandenong has an XVS650 custom for sale with V&H short shots fitted if you're near by you could check that out