Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by deyago, Feb 14, 2005.

1. So who's a love-god and who's in the dog house? Who has a special little something coming there way and who's ducking a slap upside the head?

For those on the run what are you planning on doing about it?

For the singles, what pointless advice do you have to offer? And stop acting cynical just cuz you missed out! :p

2. Middle of the road for me...neither in the dog house or getting anything 'special'.

What about you Deyago?

3. well i bought the roses, bought the teddy bear, bought the chocolates and got a soppy card surely after all this she's gotta let me go for a ride :)

4. On :twisted: ?

5. Much the same....

6. I'm not expecting anything. Looked in the paper and daydreamed that the messages for "Deb" were for me :LOL:
    Might go to coffee tonight with the other singles :roll: ;)

7. Things I have done on Valentines day:

Send a bunch of flowers from me, and a bunch from Frank (neither of us knew a Frank - took her 3 weeks to tell me about it)

Hid a (expensive) watch in a buch of flowers and had them delivered to her work. Hid them too well. Wasn't found until they started to die. Luckily it was waterproof.

Hid "love you" notes in her purse, handkerchief, pockets, sun visor, ashtray, etc so whenever she went to do something, she would find a note.

Served divorce papers.

Well, I never said I didn't have a dark side.

8. I got roses. He had some delivered to my office this morning. :D

Pretty pink ones rather then red. Which are soo borning these days ;P

9. Neither my wife or I go in for this Valentines day rubbish.
    Cheers,
    Pete.

P.S. Still sent her a bunch of flowers to the office... :D :D

10. Well I am in bed SICK!!!!! :( I can't believe it. We were going to go out to a great place tonight for dinner... :(

Chris took the day off to look after me. So far he has
    *got me breafast
    *went to the shop to get another box of tissues, cold and flu tablets
    *He came home with a cd I wanted.. So I had something different to listen to.
    *The he went back to the shop to get me those Vicks thingys that clear the nose and soothes the throat.. As well as a magazine
    *Made me lunch
    *numerous water refills
    *Listened to me moan (the hardest part of all)

Arh I love my husband :D

Lisa :twisted:

11. Sushi in the park planned for after work. 8)
    Now to figure out how to cram a bunch of flowers into my saddle bags :D :D

12. Being single, today is no different than yesterday or tomorrow. :?

I shall refrain from being cynical and all that rubbish. I hear the pub calling. :)

13. i would just like to say 'Happy Valentine' to mrs palm and her five lovely daughters.

14. I received the most beautiful box of pink roses held together with pink ribbon at work today. :D

You would think I like pink !!!! :p :wink:

15. crumpetman, stick them in a backpack, sticking out the top. yes they will be a little "windblown" but it just adds to the rakish charm :wink:

My man and I don't do valentines day, seems pretty stupid to me... but I might steal a flower from every yard I walk past on my way home from work tonight, just to surprise him with a bouquet :twisted: :LOL:

16. If you get a bunch of flowers that are long and skinny, (ie: roses) you can put them inside your jacket without too much damage. :)

17. Well the only thing I've received this Valentine's day is free Pringles. Thanks Safeway for getting the price wrong :LOL:

18. I got a reminder from Optus about an overdue account!

:D :D :D

19. Isn’t Valentines day, when we all wash & polish our bikes?

20. I was gonna get a big bunch of birds of paradise. Can't wait to see the looks i get riding down the street trying to see through a wall of flowers :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The backpack may be the go methinks.