Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Valentines day fellas.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by typhoon, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Don't forget the discussion last year abotu Steak and Blowjob day, stand up and be counted! It's time to reclaim Valentines Day for the men! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.

2. OK,
    I'm on two minds here...

Lets say one met someone they like on Friday just gone, and the feeling was mutual (under a few beers anyway :oops: ) to the point of getting frisky ;) ...

Would one be inclined to send a Valentines Day sms (at the least), or would that be considered freakish, considering that the feelings may OR may not have continued through to the next day for the other party (the unknown variable)... I could go either way on this... :?

3. Send her a couple of flowers, cheap and effective!
    Mind you, I have heard of women hooking up around this time just to get the goods on Valentine's Day, so who knows?!

Regards, Andrew.

4. Lame, and soooo cowardly :p
    Ring her early arvo, see if she's had a good valentines and you wish to add your "Happy Valentines". If she's had a shite one, or your the first ... then say that's not good, and invite her to dinner or a movie :grin:

Or you could ask Dear Deb .. but your not likely to get an answer till Steak and Blowjob day :LOL:

5. What planet were you born on Booga? :roll:

Take the girl some flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :wink: Take them to her in person and make sure you get nice flowers. Choose well. Roses are traditional but if you're not sure about that, try Gerberas. :grin:

It also couldn't hurt to ask her out to dinner while you're there. :) Just make sure you wear a clean shirt, have washed your hands and don't have dirty fingernails. :wink: If you need your mum to wipe your face for you then do that too, but don't tell her. :wink: :LOL:

Try to show some romance and class. If you send her an sms, I will bitchslap you on her behalf. :cool: :LOL:

If you'd rather not risk being shot down in flames then it might help to call her before V'sDay to gauge where she's at. If you had any sence you would've already called her. :)

6. Here’s the tip-
    Sending sms for valentines day is not ideal, however an sms for breaking up is perfectly fine, so if your thinking of breaking it up soonish then maybe coincide it with valentines day & send a multi purpose sms.

7. you really are an "idea's man" arent you duhast?! :LOL:

8. What can I do mate, having the holy grail to women is a great responsibility, I must share a bit here and there, its tough and sometimes a mixed blessing at times, but I have strong shoulders :LOL:

9. well, i like it, move to mogo, ill give you a truck to drive and you can do marriage counselling on the side for my crew :rofl:

10. booga - if she's going to be scared off by flowers on Valentine's Day as "too soon" then it probably wasn't going anywhere anyway :p

Look at it from this perspective: is it sending the wrong message if you DON'T do something for her on Valentine's Day?

Just put a cute note/poem with it - don't propose or anything stupid, just be cool about it:

Roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    I think you're hot, so
    How 'bout a... ... dinner sometime?

or

I'm sure a girl as beautiful as you already has plenty of flowers on Valentines Day, so please add mine to the pile, gorgeous!

or failing that, you could give her something REALLY thoughtful...

[​IMG]

11. A truck you say? :driver: MR or HR? Marriage counselling..maybe not!

Regards, Andrew.

12. both MR and HR, and better yet HC ;)

marriage counselling is optional :grin:

13. I thought it was "landing a woman takes alcohol" :-s :LOL:

It's like fishing really. If you don't mind carp you needn't do more than get drunk and throw in a line. :LOL: The good ones are hard to catch though. I think I've always been fishing the wrong streams. :? :LOL:

14. :rofl: at the lot of you!

Booga...ring first and suss her out. Talk about meeting up again and if she's all for it, then yeah - don your best suit, polish your shoes, floss your teeth and knock on her door with the prettiest bunch of flowers ever.

I got a call from a guy asking me whether I'd like to go for a ride with him on Wednesday. It was a bit of a 'yikes!' situation because I'm only interested in him as a friend, but meknows he 'likes me' likes me.. I didn't even realise it was Valentine's Day until he kind of slipped it into the conversation. Double yikes!

I didn't really give him an answer...told him I'd let him know before then. He's a great guy and all and I love his friendship, but I don't want anything more than that with him. :?

But anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to all. :)

Umm Booga...j/k about the suit. ;)

15. LOL stuff that I wanna see Booga in a suit. Come on live a little.

But how ever you all deal with Valentines Day, do with it style.

snog.

16. I'm taking my girlfriend to the pub to play trivia, same thing we do every Wednesday... Might buy her an extra Corona or something... :LOL:

17. A dozen roses and lunch in a Turkish restaraunt here.......I'd better get some! :grin:

Regards, Andrew.

18. I'm a good boyfriend. After 8.5 years of partnership, I'm doing the right thing on Wednesday and giving my better-half a much needed break.

That's right, I'll be going to Cooper's for a brewery tour with her brothers.

Hopefully she'll have tea for me when I get home.

19. :rofl: we know...... its Woodsy :LOL:

20. nah ! WRONG !
    I'm 1025km away and I even know who it is !!!
    Get with the program Carol !! . . . :p

;)