Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vale Sir Jack

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mcsenna, May 19, 2014.

1. Jack Brabham, Aussie motorsport legend, passed away this morning after a long battle with kidney disease. I was lucky enough to meet Sir Jack on several occasions and a nicer more generous bloke would be hard to find.
    His story will live on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. What wonderful man, I also had the privilege of meeting him and seeing him race. It's unlikely in this hyper-dollar world of racing that his feat of winning a World Championship in a car he built and designed himself will ever be repeated, and that's fitting!
  3. Yeah, i heard that this morning, real shame.

RIP Sir JB
  4. RIB Sir Jack
  5. I heard the news about Sir Jack this monring also, very sad and he will be missed by so many. I too had the opportunity to meet him a couple of times when we was working with a race team. He never let his fame or success go to his head, a real gentleman and so down to earth. We can all learn from his life and the way he carried himself, with dignity and humility. RIP Sir Jack, we miss you.
  6. RIP Sir Jack!

7. Must have Auto correct switched on.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'll be honest - my typing skills left me
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Another proper gent gone, a real racer from the time of real racing.
    • Agree Agree x 1