Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

V star 650 light?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by BigTrev, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Howdy all,

I'm looking at replacing my headlight on my yamaha v star 650 classic from the standard light to a LED light as i travel to work in early mornings and the led offers a much better light.

Now does anyone know if my light is an actual 7 inch light and also could recommend any places that sell those kinda lights for motorcycles?

Cheers.

2. Whilst I agree that the 650 light is total crap I doubt that you will find a LED replacement easy. Probably the US and I doubt that they will be legal here. I had been toying with the idea of the Extreme vision H4 globes which are a direct replacement, no modification to wiring or anything. Don't know how much brighter they would be but are rated at 130%+ on standard globes. There are a variety around and you can pick them up on ebay or Auto One, Repco etc.

3. The Phillips Extreme Vision +130's DO make a difference.

I upgraded the standard on my
    bike. It's no Xenon, but it a lot less candle in a jam jar.

As a 2min direct swap - I'd say do it!

• Agree Agree x 1