Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

UTE or get another trailer?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' at netrider.net.au started by Dylan05, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since my trailer was nicked a few weeks ago i'm deciding between buying another trailer or putting a trailer mate in the back of my ute (VY & CBR 1000rr).

Trailer pro's: easy to load bike and secure gear under ute lid no worries.
    Cons: rego, some prick pinching it, not much room in the garage to store it.

VY UTE pros: no trailer hanging off, no extra rego, no extra space taken up in garage.
    Cons: tailgate stone chips rear end 200mm hanging over, drilling into ute for extra tie down points, taking ute lid off and maybe tailgate.

So at the moment I'm at a loss as to what to do, so advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Go with the ute, much easier and faster to transport things around, especially one of those Holden and Ford utes that are lower to the ground.....................easier to maneuver as well.

3. Ute, for sure. Registration is the main reason. Are you sure the length of the bike is larger than the bed of the tub on an angle? I got a cb400 in the back of my xr6 ute with the tailgate up no worries.

4. What about one of those small, fold up trailers? Might be small enough to not need rego & storage shouldn't be too much of a problem.

5. I just need to try loading it up I guess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.