Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Using Risers

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Lobster, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I am about to purchase a new nike after several years without one. I am keen to get back on a sportsbike (have owned a trail of gixers followed several Blades). One issue that I have is the back and wrist pain associated with these bikes as I am not getting any younger.

I am keen to get a v-twin sports such as an SP2, Mille or 916 / 998 and have been looking at the possibility of using risers to improve the posture. Has anyone used these products before and what is your verdict?

2. IMPOSTER!!!
    this shit is gonna get confusing...

Lobsta (with an 'a')
  3. I have a pair of Helibars on my GSXR750, love it!

While I didn't have too much of a problem with the stock clipons for the most part, the Helibars definitely mades things more comfortable as far as the overall seating position goes.

Didn't need to modify any cables so it was pretty much a straightforwards remove-and-replace job. Might be different for other kinds of bikes though.
  4. fark me if this aint just a bloody fish and chip shop round hear these days.