Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Used Suzuki GS500E

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by bellamycmr, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Hi,

A friend of mine has a 86/87 GS500 with about 30,000ks on the clock, it looks and rides quite well and he wants $3,800 for it.

Any thoughts?
  2. Seems expensive for its age, if not for the distnce travelled. It'd want to be in very good condition. Very low ks for a 22 yr old bike.
  3. He's dreaming for 3.8k,

You can pick up a 2000 onwards one with similar K's or less for around 3.5.
  4. Some friend ! Is he trying to rip you off ?

Recently sold a GS500F, with 15mths factory warranty remaining on it, total of 1700km in gleaming, pristine condition for $7,400, a 2008 model (Black/Silver). It was in a condition better than the dealer whom I purchased it from. This, just one example, for you.

If your friend doesn't change his tact and offer a more reasonable price, in the order of 2k (max), then I'd wander off elsewhere in search of a realistic deal.

There are many faired/naked bikes of this type all over the place. You'd easily be able to find one with under 15k ODO, 2000+ Model for around 4k ! These are popular bikes.

I say keep the friendship, if there is one solid enough worth keeping, and walk.
  5. lol u can have my 04 gs for almost half that.
  6. Thanks everyone. Never mix business & pleasure eh? :LOL: