Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Used DOT N-Tec Dunlop D211GP Tyres

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by Respi, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For Sale: Used DOT N-Tec Dunlop D211GP Tyres

These tyres are (Road Legal) race tyres, Also arguably the best tyre ever made by Dunlop. If you know someone who knows anything about tyres, then they would know how good these are. Unfortunately, for me and others, you cannot buy these anymore in Australia. When you could though you’d be looking around $800 a set. I've got one set of newies left before I have to ship more in from O/S. (Not looking forward to that exercise) :(

If you look at the pics suplied you'll see that they have plenty of tread left for another TD or two (depending how hard you punt around a track) or if you’re a road rider these will give up a fair few thousand K’s.

So how good are these tyres you ask? Well the steep sidewall coupled with low tyre pressures allows for much more grip whilst at full lean. Even cold, you’ll find your hand sticking to the surface the tyres.

For fitment see the chart below. However, know that I run these tyres on my trackbike which is an 09 R6. P.S as for the tyre balling up, you'll find the rubber smoothens back up immediately as you hit the road.

Tyre stats:

Proven quality and performance, Made in England
    • triple tread; super grip on the sides, cool running center
    • zero growth; no need for major ride height changes
    • low pressure; for maximum contact patch

Fitment specs Front: 120/70x17 D211GP
    Recommended Rim range (3.50-3.75), Best Rim (3.50),
    Width (119mm/4.69"), Diameter (605mm/23.82")
    Available Compounds: 6704 Soft, 6680 Medium, 6342 Med+, 2783 Daytona
    Suggested Pressures: Hot on the warmers 33psi, or cold 31psi
    Note: For street riding, follow the motorcycle owner's manual for air pressure recommendations. For track or race use, optimal air pressures vary with track conditions but general suggested air pressures are above.

Fitment specs Rear: 200/55x17
    Recommended Rim range (5.50-6.00), Best Rim (6.00),
    Width (191mm/7.51"), Diameter (656mm/25.83")
    Available Compounds: 7614 Soft, 7704 Medium, 6680 Med+, no Daytona compound (use 190/55) Suggested Pressures: Hot on the warmers 23psi, or cold 21psi
    Note: For street riding, follow the motorcycle owner's manual for air pressure recommendations. For track or race use, optimal air pressures vary with track conditions but general suggested air pressures are above.

Tec Info: N-Tec construction (New Technology) is Dunlop's very best construction road racing tire. The D211GP rear tire features a nylon carcass overlaid with two nylon breaker belts and a continuously wound, aramid-fiber tread belt for cooler-running, excellent straight-line stability and virtually no circumferential tire growth. Dunlop's N-Tec steel bead and its high-modulus bead apex combine to offer improved feel for the rider as the tire nears its cornering limit, producing the "predictability" that has become a signature characteristic of Dunlop road racing tires.
    The multi-compound D211GP rear tread is an ingenious design that results in the first production racing tire to utilize seven tread zones: a high-modulus traction compound in the center and two lateral grip sections on each side, both separated by a triangular support region-all extruded as a one-piece unit. Sharing the spotlight with the D211GP rear is the D211GP front tire. Dunlop's multi-compound front utilizes radial construction and features two nylon carcass plies and two aramid cut-breaker carcass belts. A thin, high-modulus carcass compound is layered under these belts to minimize and distribute the forces transmitted from the aramid belts to the carcass plies under hard braking. The D211GP front tire also combines Dunlop's N-Tec steel bead and unique bead apex design to further stabilize handling at full lean.

All information sourced from: http://www.dunlopracing.com/DETAIL-D211GP.html

I'm asking $170

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

remaining pics can be seen here: http://img8.imageshack.us/g/ntec9medium.jpg/

2. Price drop to $150

3. $100 is a bargain!

4. tossed! What a waste!

5. Agreed. If they didn't have Dunlop written on 'em I'd have crawled over broken glass to get them for $100.

6. Don't like dunlops Loz? Have you tried the ntec?

I don't think you'd say that if you've punting around the track on them. Best tyre I've ever used hands down and at the race level that are about 7-8 seconds faster in capable hands vs the competition. (not that I'd ever know personally) sloooow as!

7. These are now free or going out with the trash next week. Someone grab em plzz.. it's upsetting to see a tyre with so much meat left tossed..

8. I would if they were in Vic...surely someone will want them!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.