Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

used bonnies?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by mchammer, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Hi all, can anyone shed any light on the pros and cons of different triumph bonnieville models from the past few years - specifically carbie vs fuel injection? Cheers in advance...

2. It is somewhat confusing. There are two different sized engines and carb vs FI. I'm not sure what engine falls in what model, but I'd say aim for the bigger engine with FI if you can. The Triumph FI is good, though some report niggling electrical problems.

3. As time has gone on, the engine spec has seen improvements in torque and smoothness, but not much extra power. Servicing should be marginally simpler on the FI bikes.
    T100 just has more bling than the plainjane, and got the bigger engine earlier.

4. Thanks for the replies gents, going on that info i should aim for the latest model i can afford with 865cc engine and fuel injection - I had thought maybe a carbie model would be easier for self servicing but i'm probably kidding myself - dont currently have the skills, time or inclination to do my own servicing! T100 doesn't interest me - a bit more expensive and i don't think the bling tank etc looks any better. Cheers.