Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Used-bike inspections - Hiring a mechanic

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by bulby, Jun 10, 2011.

1. So... I've read through the awesome comprehensive article on what to check when you're inspecting a used bike. However, having no experience whatsoever, I still have little to no confidence inspecting the bike myself. (boo)

Can anyone recommend me a good mechanic I can hire to help me with the inspections?

2. Sixty degrees motorcycles in notting hill, best bike workshop I've ever been to, owner is a CHICK!!! they currently have my bike to be fixed.
    highly recommend!

3. If you're in the eastern suburbs Brett at Madbiker offers a pre inspection service.

www.madbiker.com.au

4. +1 for Brett

5. Although I didn't end up needing it, i was close to using madbiker, haven't heard anything bad.

60degrees I can vouch for however, they handled my bike after an accident (even though it took a month, that was the other party's insurer dicking me around) and were very good - kept me up to date etc.

6. He can also help negotiate a fair price.
    (y)

7. +1 for Brett. The bike we inspected was no good, but I ended up buying one of his bikes!