Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Used and Reviewed – Draggin Twista slim/skinny jeans

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Aug 3, 2015.

1. As a recent motorcycle convert, I do struggle at times with the off-bike practicality and style of a lot of motorcycle clothing but the Draggin Twista jeans have gone a long way to end this for me.

When it comes to jeans or pants, I normally wear tight skinny leg jeans made out of stretchy denim. The tighter the better. I know they wouldn’t rate on mohs scale of hardness when you compare it to the bitumen, but riding motorcycles for me started out complimenting my lifestyle rather than dominating it.

Practically, leather pants are overkill for day-to-day city riding, most of the baggier biker jeans aren’t types I’d normally ever wear and no-one under 30 would be caught dead wearing camouflage pants, unless they’re enlisted.

The Draggin Twista denim jeans are a slim/skinny leg fit that feel thicker than an ordinary pair of jeans when you first pick them up, which is reassuring. Most importantly, they are also really comfy when you put them on – the denim is stretchy and is lined with Draggin’s Roomoto™ mesh, which acts as a barrier between the DuPont™ Kevlar® fibres and your skin and it also helps to regulate heat.

The sizes are pretty accurate, I went a size up (36) to be on the safe side and they are wearable without a belt, and I can wear thermals under them comfortably.

The Kevlar® is in all the right places around your butt, hips and knees and the Roomoto™ mesh has inserts for protective knee armour. When it comes to style, they are one of the slimmest cuts available but I reckon Draggin could make a similar pair with another centimetre or two taken out of the width to make them a bit tighter again. I’d buy a pair for every day of the week and I’m sure I wouldn’t be alone. If you don’t wear tight jeans, you probably won’t understand, but if you do – the Draggin Twista jean is the closest thing you can get.

Continue reading...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I use wear these jeans when riding and i've got to say that they are amazing - i'm so glad that I bought them.

I found them for $230 online and got my local bike shop to reduce their price from $299 to $250 (gotta support the little guy). They are incredibly comfy and if they weren't dirty I would have worn them to the footy on the weekend for extra warmth.

Couldn't recommend these jeans high enough.
  3. Lol 36" != 'skinny'
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Skinny is not related to waist mate.......
  5. I certainly hope no one is inferring that 36" is not 'skinny! Slim, yes, but certainly not fat or overweight! Is it any wonder I have Bulimia Nervosa (I can eat other peoples vomit, but not my own)
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. What does it taste like?

Is it like a surprise tasting as it all depends on their last meal?
  7. Meh! Tastes like chicken!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It's always chicken......lol
  9. SIKKO_X2SIKKO_X2 do you think you could actually fit any worthwhile armour in the knee pockets in the Twistas?

Or I suppose you could use some exterior MotoX type knee/shin guards and wip 'em off when you get where you are going.

On 3rd thought if I'm wanting armour maybe I shouldn't be thinking about jeans in the first place.
  10. Thanks for the review. I've been looking at these for a while. .
  11. I wear camo's. Didn't realise they weren't cool anymore :(
  12. Sorry Bugz, they never were.

Why doesn't anyone make Kevlar Jeans in Flairs? And Platform Sole riding boots? Now that's style!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah I guess you could - depends on how slim they fit on your legs though