Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

USB and iPhone mount for Guzzi Breva - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mick Rowan, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Hi, I'm looking at installing a USB and an iPhone mount my Guzzi 850 Breva. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. welcome aboard :] cant help you with the installation but head over to the welcome lounge and introduce yourself then check out the search function for similar threads :]

3. This is the welcome lounge JeffcoJeffco ;)
    Which is the wrong place to ask your question Mick RowanMick Rowan.

4. well I got 50 % right :wacky:

5. Ram-mount and either an Oxford usb outlet or one from a marine shop

6. There are many sellers of iphone case/mounts on ebay and similar.Some are waterproof and take careful note of the handlebar diameter size specified because a lot if them are designed for bicycles.
    Personally, I did't trust their waterproof-ness so I put mine in a stand-alone waterproof case and found a separate soft case for mounting to the bars.
    It's possible to get case/mounts units with power connections that can be wired in.

7. Getting and keeping a USB mount water proof might be a challenge especially on the Breva.

I assume you want to charge the iPhone, so why not get a waterproof power socket (I use the smaller Powerlet/BMW style) and then get a Powerlet to iPhone adapter cable.

That way you can use the 12v power source for other things when not pluged into the phone.

powerl10.