Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[ USA]"I wasn’t going to let him pass me" - driver crashes motorcyclist

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by gavinl, May 18, 2011.

1.  Top
  2. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Typical.

3. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Surely they aren't silly enough to think that he's the first/only one?

4. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Saw one of these tools on Royal Parade, tried to steer into the back of a yellow Duc in front of me - I got on the horn, got the drivers attention and pointed to the camera (actually a gps mouse for my phone but he didn't know that) on the front of my bike and made a camera action with my hands, he straightened up and let me filter without incident...

5. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Wow...he is allowed to drive even after being found guilty.. in the hope he gets a job...because he recently lost his job? Justice system HOORAH!

6. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Might be worth noting that the case in question was in the USA, about whose justice system or homicidal road rage incidents I care not a fig.

7. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

If it happened here he would get let off. Should never ever be allowed to operate a motor vehicle again. Why give lunatics a second chance ?

8. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Restrict him to a 50cc scooter license.

9. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me" - driver crashes motorcyclist

At least they published his Name and Address. Very handy and considerate of them.

10. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

just for you i read the article a not more closely :p

the case has not been heard yet.

they actually requested as part of the bail conditions that he should not be allowed to drive.
    only that request was denied, in the hope he would continue to look for work.

need to wait for the outcome to see if any justice is metered out.

11. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Nothing beats ironic justice

12. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Ahhh I see gotcha...shouldn't have jumped to conclusion. Still hate to see the guy drive before the case is heard.

13. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

hahaha, brilliant!

Theres plenty of people who have something against motorcyclists, but I can't believe anyone would actually crash into one on purpose!

14. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

Give it time, It will happen to you, They are out there,

15. And they're on the M4...

16. and epping rd nsw

17. Most of it is passive aggressive. When people see you weaving through traffic theyll speed up to the car youre trying to pass, then match speed and make a rolling roadblock.

18. I've seen what I would regard as serious attempts two or three times in a couple of decades. I don't count incompetence, carelessness or efforts at intimidation that could have gone seriously wrong.

19. Re: "I wasn’t going to let him pass me"

*sigh* I guess this is the sad truth :cry: I guess theres nothing much you can do about it though other than to keep an eye out on the roads and ride like everyones trying to kill you!

20. Because sometimes they are - thank you BMW in the Adelaide hills last week, who came across the road to try and hit my riding family member. Funnily enough, he went back to his own side of the road, when I came around the corner and the f***wit realised he had an audience. On one of the rarer straight bits, too!