Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[USA] Drunk-on-duty cop rear ends 2 bikes, kills one rider.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by grue, Aug 11, 2010.

1. desk duty... anyone else would be arrested.
  2. World's biggest gang takes care of its own, he'll end up with a fat pension and no wrongdoing on his record.

It should be noted the ****er blew a .19 TWO HOURS after he killed the guy.
  3. i cannot even express how angry this makes me
  4. He's being charged with seven felony counts of drunken driving and reckless homicide, including a Class B felony count of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, causing death, with a blood-alcohol content at or above 0.15.
  5. He's going to use the 'I'm depressed and not thinking right because I'm a cop' approach IMO.

If I ever get done I'm going to use a 'I want to be a cop so I'm crazy' approach. :LOL:
  6. I reckon both riders' families will sue the bejeesus out of that police department.

And rightly farking so.
  7. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/24686898/detail.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- Alcohol-related charges against an Indianapolis police officer who was accused of drunken driving in a fatal crash will be dropped after a judge ruled that proper procedures weren't followed in the investigation.
    Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi said Thursday afternoon that in light of Judge Grant Hawkins' ruling, four counts of operating while under the influence, causing serious injury and one charge of operating while under the influence, causing death, will be dropped against Officer David Bisard. A reckless homicide and criminal recklessness charge will remain.

Oh gee, the cops "JUST HAPPENED" to **** up procedures.
  8. I share your cynicism.

What's Ken Lay's email... I'd like to forward him that article.
  9. HE killed someone, that is manslaughter, or I think 3rd degree murder in the US. He should go to jail for that, anyone would.