Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[USA] Australian woman dies on Black Dog ride

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by middo, Sep 27, 2015.

1. From the ABC

Australian woman killed, husband critical after motorbike hits turkey on Black Dog Ride in Colorado, US - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I don't really know what else to say. So sad, doing something they obviously loved.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. A sad accident, The Black Dog Ride is a great undertaking. In the end though a comfort for me would be better to die experiencing life than to die on the couch watching reruns of Giligans Island.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just saw this on ABC news as well...

very sad... RIP
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sad, but as has been said, doing something they valued :(

I really feel for the husband, So sadly ironic that he was on a ride for depression, and now he's a fair chance of suffering it. :(
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. Thats sad, least she went out doing what she enjoyed.
    Beats dying in your sleep.
    Hope the husband makes it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'd just watched a report on the ride prior to the accident with Mrs Lionz and we commented on what a fantastic experience it would be. They showed the route they'd traveled from NY down. It's not quite a bucket list thing for me - but a 'nice to do'....... have to say there was a hint of jealousy watching the report.

Then this unfortunate incident. How very sad. RIP.