Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

US - Two Motoryclists killed - $125 fine

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dan, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Two motorcycles are riding down the road when a 15 year old, driving a truck alone on a learner’s permit, wanders into their lane hitting one motorcycle. The second bike goes down trying to avoid the truck. The drivers of both motorcycles die from injuries, both passengers are seriously injured, one losing a leg. 15 year old pleads no contest. Magistrate fines youth $125 and court costs of $110. Form your own conclusions.

From [...]

2. Only in America

Home of the brave, land of the ridiculous.

3. I'd say that was fair.......... on top of a 40yr jail term! :x

4. Sickening.

5. Don't get too worried.

The injured can file a civil claims for damages. (Remember OJ?)

That will smart a lot more than a $125.

6. reverse the roles.
    A 15 year old riding a motorcycle hits a car and the driver is killed or injured...........

7. "The magistrate accepting the plea dropped the charge of driving without a license because Bailon, now 16, had obtained a driver's license since the time of the crash."

Phew!

8. That's as likely as the headline "sheepdog destroys tractor in head-on smash" :roll: :oops:

(and yes I've seen the photo of the bike wedged in the car)

9. I beg your PARDON????

That beggars belief. So he doesn't have to face that charge cos he's now got his licence???

Come ON...

He shouldn't have even been ALLOWED to get his licence at all!

10. bloody fools

11. Ever!!!

12. No, what I was inferring was, what would the charge/result be if the roles were reversed. Bet they'd be different!

13. And for those who haven't, enjoy. :D

http://anekdota.dyndns.org/jotd25/0829.html