Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Urgent help please!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Krollinator, Jun 29, 2012.

1. So, I'm on the side of the road. I have a Gpx 250 2006 and I was riding for the first time in a couple of days (first sunny day). Everything was going normally, and then I heard a bang followed by the bike stalling ( all electrics still on). The bike cranks but nothing happens after that.

Anyone got any ideas? ANY help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Not sure, but give your location. I've seen threads like this where NR have been kind enough to go troubleshoot or help with a ute.
  3. I'm on Newmarket road, Wilston on the north side just past Wilston station. I should be able to get it home myself with a few mates ( I've got a van at my disposal ) but I don't really want to call them out from work if I can fix it here.

Cheers though mate.
  4. sounds like a fuel problem

call NRMA, or racq whatever you have up there if your not a member you can still join on the phone with credit card, you may have to pay a premium for instant help, but if they dont get it going they will tow it to your home or workshop.
  5. As in something wrong with the fuel or something wrong with the way the engine is getting the fuel or either?
  6. Not sure about RACQ, but RACV state that the only things they can do for a motorcycle is fuel or tow, no fix. Still handy, and I have total care so the bike/s covered too, but not useful in this situation as the OP has transport available, but wants a fix.
  7. Hmmmm..

#1 son's GPX made a loud bang and stopped a few years ago...

1/2 a conrod hanging out of the front of the crankcases....

more details....does the engine still turnover properly?? normal engine compression when you try to push it in gear ??
  8. Didn't manage to catch you glove on the killswitch did you?
  9. I had RACQ avalible anyway - thanks.
    Yeah, engine seems to turnover fine. And pushing it in gear seemed normal to me?
    ...............I hope not. I highly doubt it as I was just cruising and I believe I checked that, but I can't really remember.

Anyways, I got it in the van with just one other friend, and took it to my trusty mechanic at brendale. Won't be able to ride over the weekend at all (WHY DID IT HAPPEN ON A FRIDAY!?) but I consider it a blessing considering I had two 300km+ rides planned over the next two days and this happened only 5 minutes from home.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. :)
  10. Stand down ? )
  11. Bad luck champ. Murphy's law it should happen on a Friday.
    How did the other drop a rod ??? Amazing what people can do to a bike :)
  12. "How did the other drop a rod ??? Amazing what people can do to a bike "

2 zillion revs....leaving L platers on CBR's in his wake..LOL
  13. Nope. Checked that for sure.

You're telling me mate. Especially on the weekend with fantastic weather and rides planned...

I don't get the question..? Hahaha...

14. Any update from the surgeons?
  15. Nah bud. Should be monday / tuesday they'll be able to tell me!