Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Urgent help needed (Oil)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by BRD007, Jul 14, 2007.

1. I just put it some semi synthetic motor oil into my brand new hyosung GT250r that has done 1073 km.

I started her up and then relized white smogish smoke coming out of the exhaust.

What does this mean? Does it mean that I put too Much oil in?

How do I fix this problem preferably tonight?

Thanks any and all help will be very appriciated.
  2. How much oil did you put in? How much oil did the owner's manual say it takes? Is the oil too high on the dipstick/sight glass?
    Eassy way to remove a little oil at a time is to undo the oil filter, you'll get about 300 ml out at a time.
    Or you can drain the sump and add it back to the correct amount.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. If it was oil burning wouldn't it be more of a blueish colour?

I am by no means an expert however.
  4. I dont know the exact amount.

I tried to get it on the full amount but the bike must of been leaning a bit so i musta over done it.

well if the answer to my problems is to drain a bit. Then i'll drain the oil.

5. semi synthetic? maybe it's the type of oil? I've been using Mineral oil and I've never had a problem with smoke coming out, even tho the last time I did put a little too much in.

maybe I'm wrong... so please correct me.
  6. question is was the bike cold, which obviously it was, and how warm was the ambient temp, it ifs relatively cool you will get fog/steam blowing out which kind of looks like smoke, and all vehicles do it, be it car or bike, take it for a ride and see if it stops blowing it