Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Urgent help needed in Perth!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Grimjaur, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Hey people great site you have here and it has helped me alot already. Now i need some real help. I have got my bike, yamaha DT175, the good old traily. I have to pick it up this tuesday (22nd) but i couldnt get a lesson to get it home as there fully booked out for the next month!! I have to pick it up from causeway yamaha in Vic park at 5 as this is the only time i can do it and get it back to Huntingdale, which is 5 mins from thornlie. All i need is someone to shadow me home, its bout a 20-25 minute ride. If someone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated!! i will even fill up your tank and buy you a beer, or as many as you want!!

2. I reckon I could help out, but I won't be able to get to Causeway Yamaha until 5:30 pm. If that's ok, then your sorted. :grin:

3. hey mate if you cant find any1 or if you need other help
    i'd try using perthstreetbikes.com or perthriders.com
    cos there are obciously perth forums.

However there is alot of gereral info here to be gained
    Tickets

4. All went well, and now shes sitting in the driveway.

I just wanted to say a huge thanks to incitatus for helping me out and having so much patience. Thanks mate. Oh yer and i figured out that its a bugger of a bike when its cold, you have to keep the throttle on for the first 10 minutes of riding while pulling up so it doesnt stall :p

5. My pleasure, and for a young bloke with only a few lessons under his belt, on an unfamiliar brand new bike, on wet roads, in appalling weather, in the dark, in traffic, you didn't do half bad young man. I wouldn't worry about her being temperamental when cold though, she is a brand new 2-stroke , and just needs a little running in. Don't thrash her for a bit and all will be well.