Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

urg beer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by es, Nov 11, 2005.

1. I hate beer, but ...

original story

2. So you can die of a shot liver instead of cancer? Coool, that's got to be preferable!
  3. but isnt coffee supposed to "inhibit" these enzymes too? or am i thinking of something else.
  4. Well you gotta die of something. How else can doctors prolong your life with oxygen tents and lung machines... Non-smokers and non-drinkers havn't got any expensive machinery and specailised doctors to help them out!! :p
  5. That's when "Scull, Scull, Scull" comes in handy :LOL:
  6. Like I needed another excuse!
  7. Yeah... Fit people are gunna feel real stupid, lying in hospital, dying of NOTHING!!
  8. To get any benefit from xanthohumol (the hop humulone in question) you'd need to drink about 450 litres (that's 1200 stubbies) a day.

But, dammit, if that's what it takes to be healthy, I'm prepared to give it my best shot.

Xanthohumolone yeilds are best when hops are boiled for a short time ("aroma hops"), so "bittering" hops (those added early in the brewing process) don't contribute much. Sadly, Australian mega-swill beers have very little hop aroma and rely on the bittering hops for their character.

Our smaller breweries (Mountain Goat, Malt Shovel, Grand Ridge, Steam Packet, Matilda Bay for example) do great hoppy beers. So, if you want to get the health benefits, support our great micro-breweries!!!

Written and authorised by Chairman, on behalf of the craft brewers of Australia. Pass me a coldie!
  9. That's a classic, JJ, killed myself laughing........