Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by James_Syd, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I have found a bike but its in Uralla which is 6 hours from Sydney and about 20kms from Armidale.
    I was wondering if there are any net rider members around that area who could help me out and inspect it, obviously there would be something in it for the person who gives up their time.
    Please let me know if you could assist.
    My other option is to organise for the owner to take it to a mechanic up there for them to inspect it, but considering the bike if purchased will be brought down to Sydney, there is no incentive for that mechanic to actually check the bike over for me as there will be no future business for them.

FYI the bike is an 08 CB400.
    The only issue I have is that the guy is a car mechanic who has done all the services himself, and my question to him was whether the manufacturers warranty was worth anything now.. he said that as long as it was serviced by a qualified mechanic and honda parts were used then it was still valid.... But then how do you input that into the log book and how do they know if a qualified mechanic has actually done the service. The owner reckons there is no room to put a stamp in so he has just signed it. My gut fealing is that the warranty is now worthless. Any thoughts?

2. Warranty will be ok as long as he has mechanical qualifications and operates out of a MVRIC premises.
    Also If he is a mechanic there is little chance that there will be anything majorly wrong with the bike,(we like to stay alive as much as you do).
    Get him to organise roadworthy for transfer of rego.
    If any roadworthy issues come up then the inspector can be in the deep brown stuff..
    What sort of mileage?
  3. Understand that, however he has just filled it in and signed it... there is no stamp from the workshop he works at or reference to the shop.

The bike has done 12,000 kms.
  4. In the past I ran across a vehicle log/service book that had no real provision for my stamp so I stamped inside rear cover of book and initaled and dated it each time, you could ask him to do the same maybe!!
  5. I'm in Armidale and would be more than happy to have a look at it for you :) I'm moving at the moment so won't be on the net often, so if you're interested, just give me a bell on 0439674065
  6. Thanks for the offer, however the bike is being inspected as I write this and I will have the results tomorrow some time. Appreciated in any case.