Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ural build a real bike!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by RacingTurtles, Sep 23, 2009.

1. I always said that Ural outfits were kind of cool but I am not in the slightest interested in such contraptions! Well, it looks like Ural finally saw the light and are going to give us (or at least, Americans!) just a bike, without the sidecar. Pure no frills motorcycling - wannabe racers need not apply.

2. Ural have been offering solos since the year dot. It's only recently they've officially stopped. Last I heard there were no plans to reintroduce 'em, but I may be out of date.
  3. Yep, you are out of date - this is a prototype they are working on now and are planning to put into production next year. I should probably mention my source:
  4. I'd rather the combo.
  5. isnt ural the brand of choice for blatting around the afghan highlands with your mate and a rpg?
  6. yes, however a mounted PKM is standard fair I believe.

Does the solo still have the reverse gear? :p
  7. ...and here's a mini review (and some more pictures) from a couple of guys who rode this prototype in the States... They seem to like it:
    "...The bike is a lot of fun to ride briskly, get those mufflers up at least another three or four inches, put some good sport rubber on the rims and this thing will be a real surprise to those who think of a Ural as something slow and dull to ride..."

So there. Ducati, watch out! :)
  8. It's a bit like a body without it's soul :(
  9. I guess you could see it that way if you think of a soul as a massive oddly shaped dead weight attached to the side of the body, sapping its performance and occasionally pulling it off-course...
  10. Why not just buy an old BMW and save a fortune ? All the character of a Ural (ie, heavy, slow, expensive parts and ugly) and all for less money than a decent push bike.