Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upwey, Belgrave, Emerald - stay away

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by uncosnail, Feb 4, 2011.

1. We have major flooding of roads up here at the moment. Just managed to get home, luckily I was driving. Burwood Highway will be cut off shortly.

2. Thanks unco. riding through the hills will be russian roulette this weekend
  3. Agree..

This happened just before dark in 30 min...

This is over my back fence at Mountain Hwy Wantirna opposite the Good Life (former King Club) gym..

Water was spilling over the medium strip to the other side of the road, then over the embankment into the gym car park.
    Not as high now but water still covering the outbound side...

4. We are minus one fence, but if that is all we loose then we are lucky compared to the Queenslanders, and country Victorians. I was driving home Emerald, there was water and rocks all over the road. Then I went to go down Alexander Ave, Upwey and the creek there was flowing over the top of the road so had to do a u turn. Then went along Burwood Highway and only half of 1 lane open (should be 3). In Belgrave they had burst water main, was a little geyser spouting in the middle of the road.