Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Uppercase removed because it's rude to shout

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Trisha14, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Now addmitedly I was a cager this morning myself, however I feel the need to vent about a circumstance I find myself in far too often (minds out of the gutters boys!!!).

For those of you who know Adelaide, I was driving down Morphett Road at Warradale happily on my way to work - approaching the lights for the Bray Street right hand turn. I'm generally in the right hand lane, however if I see someone that needs to turn right will change to the left lane so I'm not held up.

Anyways I'm driving along and no-one appears to be turning right (you can all see where this is going) when the d**khead in front of me decides to inidicate at the last second and turn right. Why is it that people can't use forsight and indicate a decent amount of time before turning. And I'm sorry to say, but why is it more often than not (at least in my experience) guys that feel they don't need to indicate???

Urrrggghhh - gotta love road rage!!!

2. So you drove in, this morning.
    You wuss.
    Got the lighest sprinkle near Castle Plaza, then dry again to town

3. Yeah I am a bit of a wuss. Still getting my confidence going. They said there's a possibility of hail so didn't really want to risk that.

4. I lived in Perth for a while and discovered the "Perth slowdown".

This involved the car in front of you (both cars in the right lane), slowing down fo no apparent reason, so as to close the distance between you and them.

They would then jump on the brake, THEN indicate to turn right.

This not only gave you no warning to get out from behind them, but had you almost running up their arse.

Watch for the "Perth slowdown"

5. you think that "perth slowdown" is bad u should experience "9.00am in sydney"

6. Re: CAGE RAGE :(

Yeah i get that all the time Trisha, I live out Enfield way and go Nth East Rd to Hampstead. When Hampstead crosses Regency/Muller Rd You have 3 lanes, the left for straight on the middle for straight/right the right for right turns. Hardly anyone ever turns right there from Hampstead but at least once a week someone will demand to turn right from the middle lane when the right lane has no one lining up in it, holding up normally 50+ cars in the right lane in peak hour. That one spot there has had me cursing yelling and screaming loud enough for the netriders in Victoria to hear!

7. Lol i got ready to go, got my bike out, started lightly raining, thought ah well just slip me wets on over-top... Stopped raining once i had em on! :p

8. The other way to handle this is to not expect people to drive decenty, expect they will stop, merge, turn without any indication and just get on with it. Lighten up, keep you distance, expect the unexpected, reduce your own stress levels. You will enjoy driving/riding more and still get there in the same amount of time with limited agro.

9. I was in Sydney late last year and discovered Parramatta at 4pm :roll:

Suffice to say, lack of movement was an understatement.

The morning before one of the locals decided to take a swan dive off an overpass onto the M4 which then forced everyone onto the old highway as well.

Driving into Melbourne each day down the Calder & Tulla Freeways (and the tollway) I see many interesting sights and near misses but I notice that those who pay to use the toll way seem to drive better than the free loaders on the free sections of road.

10. "The other way to handle this is to not expect people to drive decenty, expect they will stop, merge, turn without any indication and just get on with it. Lighten up, keep you distance, expect the unexpected, reduce your own stress levels. You will enjoy driving/riding more and still get there in the same amount of time with limited agro"

Don't tell me to lighten up.... !!!!

11. The simple fact is that most people don't "drive ahead of the car". They concentrate on what is happening 5 meters in front, and don't anticipate or plan ahead. So they get to where they need to turn, and they have no space to indcate properly.

The reason for this is they simply don't know any better. It is symptomatic of the lack of skill that many drivers have. If the various governments were serious about cutting the road toll, they would require people to learn to drive a car, not learn to pass a 15 minute test. Trisha14 is right, you need to drive/ride like everyone else is out to get you!

Matt