Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

UPgrading Question

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by yohcaptain, Nov 23, 2006.

1. hi all :grin: I will be coming off my Ps in a few months well i did get my Ps on the 19/11/06 so i still have awhile :LOL: ..I currently ride a honda CBR250 rr .. Im going to use my bike for commuting to work .. and still have a frang in twisties state . :cool: . Im looking for something that is half sporty but yet more of a upright sitting poistion .. and this time i want to go naked (the bike not me :p ).. i really dont know many bike models out there so i hope you can help me out ..As for power something in the line of a 600cc to 750cc ..Pictures would be great or even pointing me in the right direction to get this information would be great :wink: ..I thank you in advance :p

2. Middleweight nakeds are the most popular bike in Europe so there's certainly no shortage of choices. You don't say if you're buying new or 2nd hand but bikes you can buy new right now would include:
    Kawsaki Z750
    Yamaha FZ6
    Suzuki GSR600
    Suzuki SV650
    Kawasaki ER6
    Cagiva Raptor (SV650 engine, Italian frame)
    Moto Guzzi Breva 750
    Hyosung GT650 or GT650S
    There may be others - and there's certainly more options if you're buying 2nd hand (Honda Hornet 600 for example).
    Edit: Oh and as far as getting an idea of what's available goes try grabbing a copy of one of the used bike mags like Motorcycle Trader and just browse through the ads to see what you like the look of, and what's in your budget.

3. A Hornet is also something you probably should keep in mind

4. That list seems reasonable. The 600 Hornets are a lot of fun, and the Z750 kwakas seem to do alright, although parts are a bit more expensive for Kawasakis for some reason.

5. That list seems reasonable. The 600 Hornets are a lot of fun, and the Z750 kwakas seem to do alright, although parts are a bit more expensive for Kawasakis for some reason.

6. +1 for Hornet

...and there is the Ducati 620 or 695

7. For naked bike and V-Twin - Suzuki SV650 or Hyosung GT650.
    Both pretty good, Suzuki better in build quality and parts availability, but it is $2k dearer new (plus on-road), and Suzuki SV better than Ducati equivalent, though you don't have the Italian flair of saying you own a Ducati.
    Naked In-line 4's - Yamaha Fazer or the new Suzuki GSR600, both pretty good rockets.
    Go out and test ride some if the dealers will let you and get a feel for some.

8.  Top
  9. No need to restrict yourself to a 600-750cc bike. If you've got the cash, definetly consider the 1000cc bikes, they're barely more expensive to buy (just over $10000 for some japanese nakeds), and aren't too scary if you take it easy.

A Suzuki SV1000 or a Kawasaki Z1000 are the go. There are lots of other increasingly exotic bikes to consider if you can stretch your budget. The Triumph Speed Triple stands out.

10. But think of all the extra Lattes' you could buy :p :LOL: :LOL:

i'm looking at the same list for when i'm allowed to get a bigger bike

sv650 is the current favoutite.. but a lot can change in a year

11. NIIIIICE BIKE!!!

Love the colour and lack of scratches!

One of the most fun bikes I ever rode! :LOL:

Enjoy, stay safe!

Jens