Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgrades for Yamaha MT-07?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by BR44P, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Hey guys!
    Looking at doing a few performance upgrades on my MT-07 and I was just seeing if there was any recommendations before I get started on it. Thinking of just starting at the exhaust and intake but I'm curious to what more I can do..

Thoughts and ideas?

Thanks !!

2. Suspension! No one will know but you.
  3. MTO9?
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Haha I'm happy with my MT-07 lol
  5. Then why upgrade? :v:v:v
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. uuuugly
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just the face... Don't know what the designers were thinking.

Everything else seems fine. Love the rear. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. yeah
    ive been told about you
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. you don't look at the mantle piece while stocking the fire
  10. I do
    but some times I get burnt
  11. Anyway, I'd like suggestions.. I know they may be an ugly bike, but they do grow on you..
  12. I don't think the 07 is ugly
    just don't think performance upgrades for it is well spent

save that money for when you can do a real upgrade
    • Like Like x 1
  13. best to get those things lanced before they get too big.

Seriously though, if it's a LAMS bike can't do much and stay legal. Read up on suspension - boring, but the consensus seems is one of the best things you can do re: performance.
  14. Thanks for your input (y)
  15. Exhaust and intake is probably the most effective thing you can do, especially cost wise, next thing might be a power commander or similar..........

Other than that there are engine upgrades but they'll probably cost you some pretty big $$$
  16. I'm researching actually taking the standards computer out and replacing it with the MT-07 "High Output" model (non-Lams) computer and re-mapping but I haven't really heard about that bike being popular so getting parts for either will be difficult..
  17. learn how to ride it well as it is
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. My bike luckily was just a restrictor plate on throttle - big thanks there to Ducati! 2 minutes work.
    • Like Like x 1