Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgraded to VFR800X Crossrunner

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by spenze, Jan 29, 2012.

1. After annoying the girlfriend for the last 3 months about upgrading (the bike, not the gf), she finally said "I can't believe you haven't done it already, you decided ages ago!".
    So two weeks ago I ordered myself the new Honda VFR800X Crossrunner.

Just finished putting its first 1,000k's on it this weekend.
    At the first service they will put on the centre stand and heating grips.

So far its being an absolute blast to ride, but I upgraded from a Suzuki GS500 so anything with a bit of oomph would be impressive.

Been giving it heaps during the run-in period and the fuel economy is seriously lacking as a result (250k per 20l)

I'm going on Neds High Country Ride in Feb so will provide my review of the bike after that.

Edit: Even though Honda have "tried" to make it look like a dual sport, complete with dual sport tires, it is 100% sports-tourer.
  2. 1000 k's already? hmmm impressive :) will be intersted in seeing how the economy picks up from here on in..
    sold the gs500 yet? not sure if I havent seen a post yet..
  3. Twas great to see it in the flesh today!
    As I said in the Sunday Ride thread, welcome to the comfyseatingpos club... (y)

Is that right with the economy at nearly 8 liters per 100?
    It'll probably settle down a lot more than that as it runs in I'd say but give it a mention when you take it in for it's first service..

4. and a nice bike it is too
  5. I agree!! Nice bike and you look good on it as well!!!
  6. Read a review on these, said the same as you....Honda titles it as a duel sport but it's really just a sport tourer. They loved it either way.

Enjoy, I'm sure you clock up many more exciting km's on it!
  7. Never has a bike been so suitably named for its rider...

The Crossdresser.

8. My VFR800 does about 7.5L/100, I thought these V4s would do better than an inline supersports
  9. Looks sweet mate, congrats
  10. Nice.
    Crossdresser. Lol, how rude.