Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgraded from 250 cruiser to VFR

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Grrrl, Sep 21, 2006.

1. As requested by Drew:

I was counting down the number of sleeps before I could legally ride the new bike...

If anyone else ever plans to do that, I DO NOT RECOMEND IT!!
    I started my count down at 50, and it made the time take soooo damn long!

Anyway, I finally got to ride it on Monday, and I tell you I have never had so much fun on a motorcycle~!

*does a little dance* :dance:

The big old cruiser I had was great, and I loved it... It taught me everything I know (so far) but now that I've been out and about on the VFR it's a whole new experience...
    I don't scrape the footpegs around soft bends and round-a-bouts like I did on the cruiser... and with the nice sticky tyres I've got, I felt totally comfortable leaning it over in the corners... I took to it like a duck takes to water. :grin:

And the power - WHOAH BABY! Soooo much better than the 250cc's I was used to!!
    Over taking has never been so much fun!

The weather was perfect, the roads we took were SENSATIONAL, and I couldn't have asked for a better overall day for my first experience of riding this simply beautiful bike.

10 out of 10.

I'm as happy as a pig in mud!
  2. Ahhhh....that's what we like to hear!!!!
    At least you have better self control than someone else we know :wink:
  3. LOL yeah, so I've heard!!
  4. Great to hear Grrrl. The excitement accompanied with a new toy when you get off your restrictions is the greatest feeling. Ride hard.
  5. Good to hear it all went well. So those tyres were just "prepared" by TAZ, he was doing you a favour.. honest!! :p

i just need a time machine now so I can get a bigger bike..... course that machine would need to make $ as well ;)
  6. Well done Grrrly. good fun isnt it :)
  7. congrats on the new bike :grin: i can't wait until i upgrade
  8. I am not the droid you are looking for......dont know what your talking about. :butt: 8-[
  9. PMSL!! Jay those two 'emoticons' together are funny as!!

And yeah, I do think you are the Droid!!
  10. Move along... Move along...

cmon Jay, it's not that long to wait is it??? :LOL: :bolt:
  11. Four months, four weeks, two days for me.

But away, congrats on the upgrade & glad you're having a ball!