Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgrade...Yes it's another one of these

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Whitey, Jul 28, 2010.

1. There seems to be a few riders of late moving on to these and now there's one more. It was one of a few bikes I found comfortable that will hopefully do what I want it to do. Managed to find a 2008 model with under 3000k's for the right price. So here it is. My new(ish) Suzuki GSX650F.

Attached Files:

2. congrats on the spewzuki bud :)
  3. I had one of these, was a fantastic all rounder.
  4. Nice work - I'd had my GSX650F for a month or so I guess... LOVE it!

I've had a few bikes in my time, and this is a real stand-out. The epitome of a great all-rounder in my opinion.

The only mod I've done is go to a larger front sprocket - 16 tooth (stock is 15). A great (and cheap) mod... gives it more legs in the lower gears, corrects the speedo, and drops the revs a little when cruising. Suits me well... I know there must be one, but I can't notice and real drop in acceleration as a result... still rides beautifully.

5. Nice ride mate! :)
  6. Only 3000k, barely ridden. Make sure you get out and about, they're pretty decent bike on long runs.
  7. Getting a new bike, there really is nothing better! Nice one, too.
  8. Nice choice mate. How do you find the weight of the bike? This was the only reason why I didn't get one of these bikes. 216kg dry
  9. I heard they are a pain to derestrict ($$$), but what's the power like in the LAMS version?
  10. Don't even notice the weight really except for pushing it around. That said the VTR250 that I'm selling feels like a pushbike now.

Not sure on LAMS version as this is full power model.