Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgrade time!

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Schwalbe, Dec 10, 2012.

1. I've officially parted with my lovable little VTR, and a Hornet has taken her place :D

(crappy phone pic, I know..)

A lot of midsize nakeys out there, but the 07-onward hornet was the only one I really found myself liking.
    SO well behaved low in the revs, but very much travels at the other end of the scale! Certainly a step up from the wee 33hp twin.. Handles beautifully and still reasonably light at 170ish dry.

First point of order will be ditching that spade of a fender.

I'm in two minds about the exhaust.. I love look of the side-swept headers and the silencer.. but the cat on the other side is a bit gross, and It's all a bit too quiet ;). Anyone aware of a solution that satisfies both needs?

See you on the road, (y)

2. Grats on the new bike!

And wow, the Hornets have come a long way styling wise!
  3. I find it very sad that after heaps of people, lots of us Netriders, lobbied hard to get Honda to re-introduce the Hornet 600 to Australia, when they DID, no-one bought it and now it's gone.

Congrats on your purchase, and I hope you have many years of enjoyment from it.
  4. Ripper bike. Love mine. congrats
  5. Which I struggle to understand.. off the top of my head, by the numbers it's ahead of the other japanese offerings, and second to only the street triple, which is a 675 (and even then only behind by 5 horses and 6 torques).
    But I guess it's got the various 750/800's and Ducati/Aprilia to contend with too.

And now we get what, the sub-50hp, Paratwin, 670cc (why not drop 10 for lams?), NC700 o_O

Had nothing less in mind!
  6. Did I see this on the BRC thursday night ride tonight? neat looking beast!
  7. Yep, that's the one. SMR as well.

Headers+cat are looking better, after (a probably quite un)healthy dose of autosol, (and had another after photo was taken, most of the black is gone now)
    some fresh rubber too for plenty of christmas riding ;)