Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgrade: really refined bike after Hyosung

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by conrad8, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Hi Peeps,

I've been loving my new entry into motorbikes.

I've got an 2007 Hyosung GT650R and also a family member keeps a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R at my house so I have the freedom of riding both whenever I like.

The hyosung is very fast, much heavier and more tedious in traffic. Also, the gearbox and the clutch doesn't feel as refined as the Ninja's.

I'm coming onto my full licence in a bit - and would like to get the most refined sports bike 600 or 1000 there is ater hyo.
    Leaning more towards the 600's or 675 - but would like to keep the next purchase under 10k so it looks like one of the jap 600's.

Which do you guys recon is the most refined, eg the slickest gearbox, total attention to detail build quality.

The hyo has been great - but its time to move to the Jap side.
  2. 2007+ Honda CBR600RR would fit the bill very nicely if you want a sports bike. Great fit and finish. Reasonably newbie friendly with its great handling chassis, more midrange focused engine (then the other 600cc 4cyl), reasonably comfortable ergos for a supersport and plenty in your price range.
    But like I tell everyone test ride as many different bikes and different types of bikes as you can you may find you have more fun on something other that a supersport bike.
    06+ Suzuki GSX-R 750 would also get a vote from me. The extra cc is much better for street riding. Gearbox is super slick , but generally not as good fit and finish as the Honda...
  3. Honda and Yamaha have the best QC out of the big 4