Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgrade choices

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Straun, Mar 22, 2006.

1. It's time to upgrade the old '88 XT250 to something a liitle more fun. We've only got one bike shop in town (Armidale) so choices are a bit limited. NEvertheless I've taken a couple of bikes for test runs to see what they're like.

Bike 1. 2003 SV650S, 1600km, silver. Very nice bike, great sound. Took a bit to get used to the position but fun to ride, nice and narrow. DRAWBACK: $10k. They're dreaming.

Bike 2. 2004 Bandit 1200S. Quick, powerful bike. More upright. $11k. DRAWBACK: Seemed very wide leg position, and a light vibe through the bars that would get irritating quickly.

Bike 3. 1999 Honda Superblackbird. Very sweet ride, Remus pipes, tankbag, rack and rackbag. Comfy ride, sweet handling. $10k with 12 months rego.

The last two are, obviously, a big stepup from my current bike. Anyone else out there riding a 'bird around? I'm curious as to running costs, etc.

Of course, I have to convince the lovely wife that it's a good idea :)