Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Upgrade Upgrade and New Site Design

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welcome to the New Site Design (and major software version upgrade too) - we hope you like it!?

It has been 2+ months in development and multiple testing, but I'm sure there's still a few bugs or aesthetic issues that need addressing. Whilst development and testing picks up most issues, you can never truly replicate the production environment and identify each and every single issue. So please bear with us over the next couple of weeks whilst we address and update the remain issues.

If you notice any bugs, cosmetic issues, or anything that your feel doesn't look quite right or doesn't appear to be working properly, then please post in this thread with constructive detail and the steps or actions required to reproduce and/or see the issue. The more explanatory you can be, the better for us to quickly identify and resolve.

In the coming days/weeks, I will also post some 'Have you seen?' topics explaining the usage and functionality of some of the fantastic new features that have come with the new software version too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I like the background! Nice look and much easier to read than the previous.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. #3 alexanderino, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    Hi Mouth,

thanks for performing the upgrade. May I also request that moderator titles not be hidden, as was previously the case? It keeps the place more transparent and honest.

Right off the bat, there are two issues:
    1. I cannot 'Like' a post. Should I click the 'Like' icon, my name does not show up in the list of who rated the post.
      The other icons work fine. However ...
    2. If I click any other rating icon, an empty, long rectangle appears, like this:
      Only a manual refresh of the page restores the list:
    Hope this is of help.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nice. And hasn't kicked me off yet! :)
  5. Looks ok so far, on iPad anyway,
  6. Is it just me, or have we lost the "Whats New" bit in Forum?
  7. Is there any way to turn off the annoying 'recommended for you' pop up in the bottom right corner?
    Clicking 'hide' only works for the current page. Any change of page and up comes some other 'recommended for you' pop up that I would not recommend.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 'What's New' is now 'New Posts'

I miss the lady on the Suzuki, but the design works much better on iPad and my Android phone!
  9. Aye, thanks hornet.

Just after I posted, I noticed, but then couldn't find the appropriate thread to correct my previous posting.

I miss the lady on the Suzi, too.

To be honest, it seems even more complicated than the last version, in ways that add absolutely nothing to my enjoyment, but, to be fair, I am a crusty old fart, reading this on an old laptop that's still running Windows XP, and Firefox.

Is there a way of making the "recommended to you" thing stop popping up?

Is there a way of switching off the wee blocks on the left hand side appearing?
    The ones that do something with Facebook, Twitter, e-mail(?) and a printer.
  10. Only on a per-page basis right now. Hover over the tiles/recommended box; a little triangle appears; click on it.

It would be good to have it remember the user's preference when opening another page.
  11. Very minor observation. On the ipad the backgound is not resizing. By no means a major thing.
  12. Thanks, Justus.
  13. How does the language "Netrider" differ from English? (in profiles, etc)
  14. The Netrider language has 40% more nods. ;)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mouth good effort but. A few majorish errors using firefox on Android. I couldn't type in the reply box, the cursor kept jumping around. I'm using dolphin now and that isn't an issue. On firefox there was a whole lot of empty space to the right of the page that you could scroll into. On dolphin it automatically resizes so the page is about a quarter the width on the screen. This reply box is tiny. It is squished over to the right. This was on dolphin and Firefox.

Right now this is barely usable in either browser. Sorry mouth. Can give you screen shots if you want.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. like still doesn't show up
    • Like Like x 1
  17. "Read more about this showcase item" gives a error message..
  18. The OP says detailed, with steps to reproduce. Showcase exists on about 6+ core pages, I don't even know where that is.
  19. I also get the same message when on the main page and click on any of the Upcoming Events. Using Safari on an ipad 4.
  20. It would be great of those Facebook/Twitter/Email/Print buttons on the left could remember whether they are hidden when the page reloads or you click a link. Basically I never want to see them.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.