Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Unrestricted Day

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Sitting Bull, Jan 7, 2014.

1. What a day, P2 at last.
    First, I go for a ride on the highway at the speed limit, no one up my a*** and I overtake a P plater in a cage, bliss.
    Second, I take my 17 yo daughter for a ride, her first time on a bike. She was brave and now she loves it.
    Third, I take my 80 yo mother for a ride, she hadn't been on a bike for over 60 years, she was excited and very keen, now she's stoked.
    Fourth, I take my girlfriend for a ride, she was unsure but she's an absolute natural. In no time she's absolutely weightless through the twisties and she loves it.
    I also stopped and had a look over a Kwaka ZZR1200 for sale on the side of the road, the plot thickens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Congrat's SB, I can see you on the Kwaka 12, or some other beast, and either your girlfriend or daughter on the GS in the near future, not sure about your mum though:D

Glad you're enjoying it, keep an eye on my Tassie trip thread, perhaps we'll catch up while we're over there in march(y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well done SB, it is truly a great feeling.

Cheers Jeremy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good onya!
    My mother is 88 (nearly 89).
    I have photos here of her dressed in leathers when she was young. She used to pillion or ride in a sidecar to the Bike races at Bathurst.
    I don't think she ever rode but she did do a pushy around Sydney CBD and Kings Cross doing postal deliveries. She used to grab on to the back of a tram to get a tow at times.

Am thinking I might buy her a ride on a Trike around the GC for her birthday.

• Like Like x 1