Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Unregistered bike history check

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Chuck Norris, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a bike that is unregistered and when I check the VIN on carhistoryit asks for the rego number and won't let me go any further. The bike i'm looking at is a repossessed item and the company selling it doesn't have the rego details as it was unregistered when the received it.

Anybody had any experience with this sort of thing?

2. I always thought you could do a full check just with the VIN number? :unsure:

3. Having a similar issue ATM. I'm after some history on a 1982 bike. It seems that REVS was "outsourced" by the government and the records supplied by the the RTA don't go back far. Without a VIN no it's difficult to get solid info. Suggest you call one of the REVS check companies and pay the money.....the on line request won't work without a rego number......you might get lucky and find a helpful operator.
    Good luck.
  4. Omg its chuck norris