Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Unmarked police bikes in VIC

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by SnOOkered, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Hmmm anyone else ever seen or even been pulled up by an unmarked police bike in Victoria before?... A mate of mine and I were riding home today and for some reason or another i didnt react to this bike tailing me all the way home as being a police officer until his lights lit up for a second in my driveway... just a routine check in the end... He had a nice bike though some BMW sports 1200S i think, but yeah completely unmarked with hidden siren lights...

Anyone else heard of these or are they norm ?

2. I often see them traveling up and down the Monash freeway...

Never paid much attention to them but the times I have seen them they have been riding metallic blue BMW's
  3. They've been around for a long time - at least 5 years. Mostly BMWs but I've heard rumours of a couple of sportsbikes.
  4. Yeah I was pulled over by one on Wednesday afternoon. Was a BMW K1200S. Looked really nice in the Silver & Blue.
  5. I've only ever seen police riding BMW 1200s, as for it being unmarked it doesn't surprise me, in my area they are now driving modified cars, earlier model WRX's, skyline turbos etc, that way people wouldn't think twice about em but they're wrong.
  6. blue white r1, or so i've heard from a friend of my uncles brothers wife :grin: only seen in yarra valley, dandenongs area as far as i know.
  7. Cop bikes look even better after going through this mod machine:
  8. In your driveway? I would have made sure I was inside teh property line, walked inside and closed teh front door...

Regards, Andrew.
  9. A blue unmarked Beemer does the GOR rounds in peak riding season.
  10. Been pulled over by a burgundy coloured BMW a few years back
    They are around and operating all the time.
  11. Hmmm and then waited for him to ring the doorbell eh ? I was shitting myself, I kept thinking the worst :p
  12. And what, tell him your 'balee'?

You think he can't follow you into your property if he's witnessed you commiting an offence?
  13. I've read somewhere they can force you to undertake a breath test if they believe you've been driving in the past few hours even if they didn't witness it themselves.

Not sure it it's true, no doubt the legal eagles on here will confirm or deny it for me shortly.
  14. They are a dead giveaway if they have clear visors on [​IMG]

15. pvda, you are right. 3 hours is the time limit.
  16. "In your driveway? I would have made sure I was inside the property line, walked inside and closed the front door..."

Before you got to the front door I'd make sure I'd arrested you. Just because you inside your property line you are not bali. You are required to provide your name and address upon request as per the Road Safety Act.
  17. Saw two of them on burgundy coloured BMW's two weeks ago as I was driving out to Mt Bulla. Watch out kiddos!
  18. Ive been done by a cop on a Grey Bee Em, Greensbororugh end of Ring Road one warm friday night. :cry:
  19. Do they wear the police bike gear & helmet?

I'm usually weary of all BMW riders anyway.....
  20. :grin: I think you were looking for "wary", but weary is not far off :grin:

I've seen several blue BMW tourers parked behind irate WRX drivers, and you'd never know it was a cop bike if you'd seen it through your rear view.